1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
- Currently we´re rehearsing for the Interitum Tour. We have a new guitar player in the band and he needs to learn the show. Also, we´re writing for the next longplayer. The EP is the first step towards our full length album.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new ep and how it differs from previous releases?
- In regards to our first production, Sermon Of Lies, our new production is much more professional. The first production we did everything ourselves but now we have help from a producer who has us in the right studio.
The new songs sound much more mature and now have elements of death metal mixed in with our black metal roots.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the new release?
- We use a variety of themes for our songs. In the song "World Dominion Collapse" we write about the decay of mankind. In "Ruins" we sing about the fall of the Egyptian Empire and about the fact that desert ruins are all that´s left. "Masquerade Of Grace" goes into the religious wars and how people die for fanatical views. It also goes into how people manipulate each other to reach their goals. If you read between the lines in all of our songs you´ll find the underlying message that mankind doesn´t learn from it´s mistakes. Our saying is, "After the pride comes the fall.".
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
- We have a very powerful stage performance and we try to give everything for the people in the front row.
We also like to use costumes and make-up so each of us can "play the role" while performing. Our stage show portrays a dark and apocalyptic atmoshpere. The goal of our show is to take the audience on a journey through the Apocolypse. As for our best shows, practically all of the festivals we´ve played were great and the support gigs we did for Endstille and Equilibrium were also a highlight for us.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
- Sure we do. We´re going to do diverse shows in Germany, including local gigs, and also some international shows as well. But two of main goals at the moment are finding an agency to help us with the bookings and to find a label that would be interested in signing us to a recording contract.
7. Currently you are unsigned are you looking for a label and if so what kind of label do you feel that would be a perfect fit for the music?
- Currently we´re looking for an indie label. We feel that the exposure from an indie label would be better for us. Too much competition at the major label level. Labels like Nuclear Blast and Century Media are ones that we like.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of symphonic black and death metal?
- The international response has surprised us. We´re getting requests from Asia and North and South America for t-shirts and CDs. Our first request for the new Interitum ep came from England. We´re gaining popularity using social media services such as Facebook and YouTube.
9. Are there any other projects going on these days besides this band?
- Not at the moment. We´re giving everything for Anima Sementis.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
- No idea what the future will bring in regards to the direction of our music. We don´t a have a set way of songwriting so it comes as it comes. Each song sort of writes itself. We the thing that we try to do is be ourselves and write music that is unique to us.
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- Bands like Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Vesania, Nile, Morbid Angel, Carcass and etc. have influenced us but interestingly enough we are also inspired by others such as Johnny Cash or Depeche Mode or even film music writers such as Hans Zimmer (specifically "Two Steps From Hell").
12. Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in your music?
- Yes and no. We´re not really a satanic band but we are fascinated by the dark side and all that goes with it.
Every religion has it guidelines for mankind but we don´t follow any of them. We make our own as we go.
13. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
- Not an easy question because be don´t have much time for other interests at the moment. The Band takes up most of our time. But when we have time we like to do the normal things. Seeing other bands, socializing with our friends. spending time with family and drinking an occasional beer or two.
14. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
like to welcome and invite all of those who do not know us to check us out! For the devil our souls and for God our flesh.
Anfang der weitergeleiteten E‑Mail: